Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Alarm!

I woke up the other morning to an alarm… this alone is not all that unusual. But this alarm was WAY too early for my usual routine and was coming from a weird location. It finally dawned on me that it was Hannah’s alarm. It was 5:15 in the morning. I went into her room to turn it off and find my eldest son, Nathanael, with his plastic sword in hand waiting patiently for his big sister to wake up. He had decided that he needed a playmate to cure his boredom. Well, Hannah apparently did not wake from the original position of the alarm so he had conveniently posted the alarm directly next to Hannah’s head and had also turned on her light. So as I am walking into this brightly illuminated and loud room I see Hannah still sleeping and Nathanael waving his sword around fighting off whatever imaginary fiends his four year old mind can conceive. He looks at me with his smile and says “Daddy!”… I respond “BED!... NOW!” his smile fades as he exits the room quickly. As I turn out the light and turn off the alarm Hannah simply rolls over and continues to sleep. Man it was nice to be 6 and sleep until the body said it had had enough.

-Ryan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) BTW... E has decided that I need to stop brushing one of her teeth, so that it will fall out and she can look like Hannah. Just thought you should know.

Anna