Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Vacation Bible School (Part 1--we hope)

Happy Birthday, Hannah! Happy Jesus Bday, that is. Yes, Hannah prayed and asked Jesus in her heart today at VBS. She had prayed earlier in her life, but I think she really had a good understanding that she was asking Jesus to save her and come into her heart today. Then (amazing to us), she got up on stage and announced that she had done so clearly enough that I (in the back) was able to hear over all the noise of a full church of kids!

So, with the topic of heaven, Jesus, sin, and hell in our minds tonight, Nathanael (who has prayed also in the past) was worried about mention of hell. I asked him if he had Jesus in his heart. He said, "Yes!" I told him Jesus never leaves once you ask Him in. Great relief spread through his face, and he promptly turned to Thaddeus and proceeded to tell him that hell was an angry place, full of fire. That you get owies all up and down your body there. And, then they cook you up and EAT you! I don't know where he gets these ideas from. I also wonder if we'll be up with Thaddeus tonight and nightmares!!!:) Gotta love brothers!

Love to all... enjoy the pictures and hopefully we'll have more to come soon!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME to the FAMILY!!!
Rachel

Jennifer said...

That is so awesome Hannah truly understands what it means to ask Jesus to be her Saviour! There is nothing greater in all the world! I look forward to the day I KNOW both of my kiddos really get it... right now its alot of head knowledge. I love seeing what you guys are up to! Keep in touch!